Thursday, November 18, 2010

Donating Again!

Well, it happened waaaay faster than I was expecting, but I've been matched with a couple to donate again! The agency asked me last week if I would want to donate again, and I said yes, but with some exceptions.... Yesterday, I received the call saying that I had been matched, and another couple wants me to be their donor! Since my schedule is pretty hectic over the next few months, we'll be waiting to do the cycle until March. I'm pretty excited that someone chose me again, and it looks like I won't have to do much driving this time, so hopefully it's an easy cycle!

2 comments:

  1. That's very exciting. I am about to do my second egg retrieval here pretty soon. I'm glad your other cycle was so successful... and you even got gifts! How much did you get paid for your first cycle? and are you increasing your compensation for your second time?

    I was going through my old comments and you had asked if I mixed my medications... Well, I didn't have to for my first cycle, however, for the second cycle, I have been mixing Repronex and Follistim together. I don't shoot the mix in my stomach either... My husband administers it to me on my bum. :( It's not my favorite thing.... but I have to keep reminding myself of the compensation check that I will be receiving... Did you have to administer your mixed meds through your stomach or butt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :) Yes, the gifts were definitely icing on the cake, very nice. I got paid $8000 the first time, and they agency automatically raises the compensation to $10,000 for the second cycle, so I'm not going to argue with that!

    I never had to mix the meds after all, they wanted me to do the follistim in the AM and the menopur in the PM, so I had to do the 2 injections separately. They were all in the stomach, so I hope it stays the same for this next cycle, since I know what to expect. Hope your 2nd cycle goes well!

    ReplyDelete